17" Surface Acoustic Wave Touch Panel & TouchScreen USB Controller is a great solution for a new project or just a replacement. The touch screen is placed over the LCD, so that the responsive area of the panel covers the viewable area of the display. It is pressure sensitive, so it responds to any input device, including finger, gloved hand, or soft-tip stylus. The TouchScreen controller provides the outstanding touch performance and ease of use for various touch applications. Its compact design makes easy integration into flat panel displays and mobile devices, using USB or RS232 data communication.
We can provide customization for the touch panel size according to the customers' needs.
- Physical Characteristics
- Multi-layer surface-mount design with internal ground plane for EMI suppression
- Dimensions (PCB):
- Total Width: 2.17 inches (55 mm)
- Total Length: 3.346 inches (85 mm)
- Total height: 0.394 inches (10 mm)
- All mounting holes are plated through for chassis ground connection.
- Electrical Parameters
- Working Voltage and Current:
- 5VDC ± 0.5V
- USB: 70mA (max. 80mA), RS232: 120mA (max. 130mA)
- Have the dual USB and RS232 interface
- 4096x4096, Z axis 256, irrelevant with the size of the touch
- Response Time:
- Operating Humidity:
- Environmental Temperature:
- Operating: -20°C to 70°C
- Storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Multi-Point Touch: Intelligent discrimination by software
- Touch Activation Force: 40g
- Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/NT/XP/XP Embedded/Vista, Linux, MAC
- Accessory: USB or RS232 cable
- Agency Approval: UL, CE, FCC, RoHS, CB
- Technology: Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW)
- Overall Outline Dimensions (WxHxD mm): 382.0 (15.04 in) x 312.0 (12.28 in) x 4.0 (0.157 in)
- Viewing Area (WxH mm): 346.1 (13.63 in) ± 0.8 (0.03 in) x 278.1 (10.95 in) ± 0.8 (0.03 in)
- Active Area (HxH mm): 340.0 (13.39 in) x 272.0 (10.71 in)
- Glass Thickness: 4.0 mm (0.157 in)
- Resolution: 4096 x 4096, Z axis 256, irrelevant with the size of the touch panel
- Optical Specifications:
- Material: Pure glass (tempered); no coatings or overlays to wear out, scratch, or tear
- Safe break pattern (tempered only)
- Light Transmission: 90% - 92%
- Electrical Specifications:
- Accuracy: Extremely Consistent, Very Stable, No-Drift, one-time calibration is enough
- Deviation of Error: < 2 mm (0.080 inch)
- Mechanical Specifications:
- Input Method: finger, gloved hand, rubber soft pen, etc.
- Touch Activation Force: Typically 3 to 4 ounces (lower than 100 grams)
- Z-axis: 256 levels of pressure
- Construction: Glass panel with transducers attached to the front surface of the glass
- Operation Environment: -20° C ~ +60° C
- Storage Temperature: -40° C ~ +70° C
- Humidity: 10% - 90% 40° C
- Operating Altitude: 3800m
- Durability: Scratch-free; more than 50,000,000 touches in one location without any failure.
- Surface Hardness: Mohs' hardness rating of 7
- Anti-Chemical Properties:
- The active area can resistant to all chemicals what do not affect glass, such as: acetone, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone, isopropyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, ammonia-based glass cleaners, gasoline, kerosene, vinegar.
- Agency Approval: UL, CE, FCC, RoHS, CB
Callibration Utility Program:
Operation and Notice
| SAW TouchScreen Controller |
| View || Multi-layer surface-mount design with internal ground plane for EMI suppression ||It powers up the touch screen, controls the excitation, and interprets the information received from the touch screen. ||Properly connect the controller with the touch screen and the PC. |
| USB Cable || View ||Stable and reliable with perfect electromagnetic compatibility ||It is mainly used to perform the data communication between PC and controller and to supply power to the controller from PC USB jack. || |
Properly connect the USB cable to the controller and PC USB jack.
The Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) technology is one of the most advanced touch screen types. The technology is based on two transducers (transmitting and receiving) placed for the both of X and Y axis on the touch panel. The other important element of SAW is placed on the glass, called reflector. The controller sends electrical signal to the transmitting transducer, and transducer converts the signal into ultrasonic waves and emits to reflectors that are lined up along the edge of the panel. After reflectors refract waves to the receiving transducers, the receiving transducer converts the waves into an electrical signal and sends back to the controller. When a finger touches the screen, the waves are absorbed, causing a touch event to be detected at that point.
Because the panel is all glass, there are no layers that can be worn, giving this technology the highest durability factor and also the highest clarity. Compared to resistive and capacitive technologies, it provides superior image clarity, resolution, and higher light transmission.
This technology is recommended for ATMs, Amusement Parks, Banking and Financial Applications, public information kiosks, computer based training, or other high traffic indoor environments.Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Technology Benefits:
Disadvantages of Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) technology:
- High touch resolution
- Highest image clarity
- High light transmission
- High impact resistance
- All glass panel, no coatings or overlays to wear out, scratch, or tear
- Safe break pattern (tempered glass)
- Provides excellent impact-proof, vandal-proof performance and could be used in public environments where vandalism is a concern or in unsupervised or industrial environments.
- Even if a touchscreen is broken, the fragments are safe with no sharp edges.
- With tempered, 6mm thickness glass, these touchscreens can withstand the impact of a 1000g steel ball dropped from a height of 1 meter, in accordance with Trial Standard Number GB/T9963-1998.
- With a tempered, 4mm-thickness-glass, these touchscreens can withstand the impact of a 500g steel ball dropped from a height of 1.3 meters, in accordance with Trial Standard Number 60950©IEC 1999.
- Anti-glare SAW touch screens (G series) are available: typically designed for outdoor application or strong-light environments greatly, reduce the light reflected to the eyes from the surface of the touchscreen to protect your eyes and increase the clarity of the display.
- Dust-proof and water-proof SAW touch screens (W series) are available: can protect the reflective grating and the transducers from the water and the dust.
- Sizes from 8.4 inch ~ 47 inch
- Thicknesses of 0.157 inch (4.0 mm), 0.236 inch (6.0 mm) or 0.50 inch (12.0 mm)
- Must be touched by finger, gloved hand, or rubber soft-tip stylus. Something hard like a pen won't work.
- Not completely sealable, can be affected by large amounts of dirt, dust, and / or water in the environment.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 06 May, 2008.
View PDF Datasheet
View Additional Datasheet